The Tournées Film Festival aims to bring French cinema to American colleges and university campuses. Founded in 1995, the festival has partnered with over 650 universities, reaching an audience of over half a million students and community members all across the United States.
This year’s program at the University of Michigan takes place on select Wednesdays and Saturdays at 7pm in the Michigan Union through March and April 2020:
- Wed, March 11th - The Competition (Le concours) (dir. Claire Simon, 2016)
- Sat, March 14th - Wild Boys (Les garçons sauvages)(dir. Bertrand Mandico, 2017)
- Wed, March 18th - Makala(dir. Emmanuel Gras, 2017)
- Sat, March 21st - Nocturama(dir. Bertrand Bonello, 2016)
- Wed, April 1st - Claire’s Camera (La caméra de Claire) (dir. Hong Sang-soo, 2017)
- Sat, April 4th - Cold Water (L’eau froide)(dir. Olivier Assayas, 1994)
Presented in collaboration with Le Comité Francophone at the University of Michigan.
The Tournées Film Festival is made possible with the support of the Cultural Services of the French Embassy in the U.S., the Centre National du Cinéma et de l’Image Animée (CNC), the French American Cultural Fund, Florence Gould Foundation and Highbrow Entertainment.